Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Very quickly

In the past couple of minutes since I put up my last post I have managed to do some damage.

While nonchalantly stirring that curry I was telling you about the overhead chandelier ejected one of its bulbs with a pop and flash, where it rocketed into the air, landed, and bounced underneath the couch sending the apartment into complete darkness except for the little red light on the hot plate where the sounds of my curry had begun to boil.  I felt my way over to the bedside lamp and switched it on, and while I was looking for the bulb I moved some things about on the table.  In the half-light I didn't see the glass, some wine left on the bottom, sitting near the edge and so when I brought my hands back to my side I struck it full on, sending it flying onto the floor behind me where it smashed into pieces.

Brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to give you a hug. And yes...you should go to Normandy b/c I would be very very jealous.

    ReplyDelete